October 18, 2009

weekly winners: naval academy

October 11-17, 2009

Last Sunday, we needed a long run, but had to stay close to home. So we devised a route that took us through town and included the perimeter of the Naval Academy. I’ve run there many times, but never brought a camera. We had a beautiful sunny day!

running through the naval academy

running through the naval academy

running through the naval academy

running through the naval academy

running through the naval academy

We had to stay close-by, since we had a performance in Baltimore later that afternoon. We sang in the chapel of a retirement community. It was a beautiful church, with lovely views!

stained glass

chapel2

trees

Visit more Weekly Winners at SarcasticMom.com!

No Comments

• By Tara R., October 18, 2009 @ 1:03 pm

That is a beautiful place to run. Good that you brought your camera! I especially like the shot of the harbor with all the boats anchored… lovely with the sun reflected off the water.

[Reply]

• By Nik, October 18, 2009 @ 2:07 pm

I really love hte photo of the stained glass window from inside, and the beautiful trees (the last photo). The entire trip was amazing, it appears!

[Reply]

• By secret agent mama, October 18, 2009 @ 11:01 pm

Love the crispness! Beautiful set.

[Reply]

• By Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings, October 19, 2009 @ 1:40 pm

That stained glass window is breathtaking! Absolutely love it!

[Reply]

• By joyRuN, October 20, 2009 @ 7:15 am

Ooooh – I've always always always wanted to run Annapolis, & now with your pics, I am determined to find a race down there.

Too funny you've run into tuxedo guy too – he's pretty funny, & I'd love to run in his pace group one day just for the fun :)

[Reply]

• By trialsoftraining, October 20, 2009 @ 1:05 pm

Aw, I LOVE the USNA base. It's so pretty. I think the "bridge" shot is my fave :) but the stained glass window is definitely a close second!

[Reply]